Welcome to jlfusion

Featured Featured Work

Projects

images youtube picasa google twitter email

My New Gaming Rig PC - Part 6

Saturday, March 12, 2011



Today i recived my new Headphones
This is my first real Audiophile headphones for music,games,movies.
My decision was between Sennheiser,Audio technica and Beyerdynamic
i finaly settled with Beyerdynamic DT770 pro.
I went for 80ohms since they are easy to drive.

I do a short unboxing review

After weeks of deciding on what headphones
i finaly placed my order on Tuesday
this was the first time i order a headphones without trying them first.
The price was 140 euro.
I was told they would arrive on thursday.

On Thursday evning my headphones had still not arrived
tracing displayed them as delayed.
quickly i found out why
Ín Newspapers I read about a road accident
where a Truck had crashed in a tunel on one of the main highway
a highway my headphones needed to travel through to get to me.

On the news i found out the truck that crashed was not my courier truck
and since the road was closed for 9 hours creating a traffic jam of 3km
my headphones apeared to be stuck there the whole day.

Fortunaly the next day Friday i got the headphones
The box was so light i though someone forgot to put the headphones in it



Opening the box i found all well protected by air pillows



Here is the Headphone box



Pulling the headphones out of the box was not so easy
I was careful so pulled them out slowly



When i first tried them since this was my first closed headphones
it felt strange as it was isolating all air into the ear
making me feel like somewhat deaf.
But as soon i plugged it into my old laptop with some music it felt better.

I tried it with some pop music and quickly found out Beyerdynamic Dt770 pro
was not so bassy as i had feared the volume was a bit low
granted my laptop soundcard is crap.

I then plugged it into my Onkyo homecinema to a music Radiostation
and yes the sound was better
But i still needed to turn up the volume 50%



Then i plugged it into my Cowon S9 mp3 player and played with the EQ
and was Totaly Wowed by its sound
somewhat it sounded so good conected to a tiny mp3 player
it might just be i need to EQ the headphones using a better soundcard.



Then i plugged the Beyers into my Alienware Monitor and put on a game



The sound and explosion was amazing.
playing a blueray movie of Lord of the rings also wowed me
with great sound vibes

I could not do more test as a thunderstorm started

Since the headphones clamp a bit to your head
i expected pain after some time of use but this did not happen
the Velours earpad are very soft.

My conclusion is the headphones are good
but i am not so used to closed headphones and since i still havent found
a decent way to EQ the headphones through a amp (except on the mp3 player)
it feels like the headphones has a lower volume and lower bass

Anyway it make take its time to fully burn in this headphones.
The headphones are defently build like a tank and feel rocksolid
the side of the headphones are like metal with thick plastic
and they are light and not heavy at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment