Welcome to jlfusion

Featured Featured Work

Projects

images youtube picasa google twitter email

My New Gaming Rig PC - Part 5

Monday, March 7, 2011



At 12:30pm today a UPS truck stopped by my house
and dropped off my Alienware AW2310 monitor
While i had not sleept last night i could not wait to unbox it
2 Weeks has passed since i ordered it from Dell



The Box Look very Kewl



The Monitor was a bit hard to get out of the box
once out i quickly mounted the monitor
The monitor itself feel Rocksolid
you can swing it,move it up/down,and tilt it



The buttons are All Touch sensitive
It has a Laser sensor that detect your finger nearing the screen
then some touch buttons light up
The menu itself is nice Black with red
on the photo here the red show as orange but is realy red:



So far The monitor seem Fine just did a quick test
I could not see any dead pixels either but will do a test later

I hooked up the Monitor to my Playstation 3 by HDMI to test it
Using Mass efect 2 , God of war, Ninja Garden etc..
Looked amazing.







Put on Blueray movie of Lord of the rings:




My impresion:
The design is amazing, Black and Rocksolid
You can swing it , move it up and down and tilt it
You can even Hide the cables behind it
No physical buttons but Touch buttons, I find that a plus as physical buttons tend to break more easy.

The Screen playing games and movies look more Dull
but then again i am used to Glossy monitors and Plasma TVs
Viewing angle is quite good for being a LCD monitor.

In my opinion this is the best monitor you can get for games
sure it wont beat a IPS monitor in colors
but for 3D and Games you wont get anything better than Alienware
is superior to any other TN LCD monitor out there, absolute everyone.
I recomend getting a 3D TN LCD monitor for games and a IPS for everything else. IPS tend to be a bit slower on games but not to much.

I will be getting a IPS monitor later this year
but Alienware monitor i be using for games.

So if you stuck with what monitor you want
and desire 3D and games Alienware is the perfect choice
But be warned the pricetag is a bit high.

0 comments:

Post a Comment