Welcome to jlfusion

Featured Featured Work

Projects

images youtube picasa google twitter email

My First Android mobile

Tuesday, February 7, 2012



After years using Windows mobile, I decide to board the Android ship
I had 3 choices Galaxy SII, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Nexus.
Back when i Got the phone Galaxy SII seemed outdated
Galaxy Nexus was nowhere avaible
I finaly decided to pick Galaxy Note and very happy with it
Here you can read my short review

My first phone was an old Nokia phone in the 90s given as a present
But the real first phone i Buyed was a Panasonic Gd87
Back then most phones in europe had black and white screen
so GD87 seemed a good option then with color screen.
After i Lost my Panasonic I went for the Beautiful LG KG800 chocolate phone
around 2005. being the first Phone with touch buttons
The design was good but battery and touch feedback from button was not
I have decided to keep this phone for the memory and use it as backup phone

3 Years ago I got my first Windows Phone HTC HD touch
Only good thing was the Good screen
The phone suffered from Freezing, slow startup, lags, bad speaker
Installing themes and tweaking the phone was a real pain, I decided not go HTC again.

In 2011 I wanted to remplace the HTC HD with a Android phone
After comparing Sony Ericsson Xperia phones with Samsung Galaxy
I soon found Samsung Beat almost everthing else on the android market.
Sure there was Motorola droid but I had to rule out since it was not in store here.

I decided to go Samsung, I now had the choose between Galaxy SII and Galaxy Nexus
But soon found that Nexus was not avaible anywhere
and Galaxy SII was getting outdated.
Then The store recomended Galaxy Note with it's amazing screen.
At first I though it was way too big so i went home to think about it.
some days later Galaxy Note was mine.

I used it now for over a month so a Short review:


SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE



The biggest Minus that you run into with Galaxy Note
is no doubt It's size, everyone think is too big at first... Is it realy?
with it's 146.85 x 82.95 x 9.65 mm the answer is Yes and NO.
It is not the smalest phone on the marked
But on the Possitive side this phone is great for surfing the web.

Even since i Trashed my laptop for a Top-notch Gaming Desktop PC
I could not surf internet from my living room where my TV is
since the PC is in another room.

So Galaxy Note is great I can just lay in the sofa watch TV and update my Facebook status, or surf the web.

Sure a Tablet would be better suited but with the Note is more pocket friendly to take with you when going outside.

But as my first Android phone with it's 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
1280 x 800 Super Amoled HD screen and 1080p Full HD video
Is a Epic phone for your First Android experience.

Is Lighyears ahead of HTC HD
Android is a dream compared to the Windows mobile nightmare
Is fast No lags and theres endless of Free Apps out there.

Internet browsing is fast and smooth compared to the slow browsing on Windows mobile
Installing Themes and tweaking is so easy.
for example to install a widget or theme just download from Android marked and install that simple.

With Windows mobile you spend hours moving files to phone to mod a theme.
It realy sucks, but with android everything is so easy.

Here's a Glimpse of some Themes

The First theme I Used
[Renix Go launcher theme by ZT.Art]




The New theme I use now:
[Digital Blue Go launcher theme by TGD]




[Legacy GOContacts EX Theme/Legacy Go SMS Theme by ERdesign]


[Apps by Thalion]


I realy like how Samsung note has the same Galaxy SII backside
which make the phone rest well in your hand so you have a solid grip on it.

With 16GB internal memory you won't run out of memory so fast.
Still I Got a 32GB memory card for later use.

As for Battery it could realy be better
but that is expected for such big screen
though Battery is not so bad as Galaxy SII where you had to buy a spare battery.

In the begining the battery last shorter
but after using it for some weeks the battery seem to last longer

I think the volume of the phone is a little bit low
maybe there is some tweak around it, I should find out.
The reason may be the European union regulation limit on portable electronics.

The 8MB camera is good specially with the camera apps that came with the phone.
The FULL HD Video playback is amazing

My only real complain is the Playback sound for music
As with most Phones the quality of music is not as good as an Mp3 player.
It is still Ok when EQ tweaking it.
But seem like my Cowon S9 Mp3 player won't be remplaced by Galaxy note any soon.

Samsung will release Ice cream sandwitch upgrade later in 2012
for now is running Gingerbread 2.3
when upgraded it might even beat Galaxy Nexus.

Resume: It is the Best phone I owned ever

Btw, I will probaly get a Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon
then i can use the Nexus outside and Note inside :)

Samsung Galaxy Note Specs

Below you find pix of some of my older phones


Panasonic GD87                                             LG KG800 Chocolate


HTC HD touch

0 comments:

Post a Comment