Welcome to jlfusion

Featured Featured Work

Projects

images youtube picasa google twitter email

My New Gaming Rig PC - Part 16

Wednesday, June 8, 2011



Got a New mouse Roccat Kova[+]
I was looking for a new mousepad
when I discovered Roccat pads and a strang shaped mouse that i liked
I am already happy with Razer Naga molten
still i could not resist to buy this Roccat Kova[+] mouse

For some time now i had planned to get more mouses
the last mouse i bought Razer Naga molten has until now been my favorite
But then there it was Roccat Sota mousepad with Kova[+] mouse on top.
Me just wanting to buy a mousepad ended up with a kova mousepad+mouse

Click for bigger photo:


I was excited to see how this mouse would compare to the Razer naga
For me The shape and look of the mouse is what matter most.
Coolermaster Storm sentinel first mouse i bought in 2011 was just too big
for this reason i canceled plans to get a Mionix mouse also.



As soon as mouse arrived I opened to find a cool shaped Roccat box
this was my first Roccat mouse ever
I will now unbox the mouse



Opening the box find this nice looking CD and manual bundle



Unboxing reveal the mouse and how smale it is just perfect
has a soft touch rubber feel for a better grip
ROCCAT insignia engraved

Click for bigger photo:


Mouse has a "V" shape design so good for both left and right handed gamers
2 Front LED light and 2 in the edge.
Mouse has 3200 Dpi optical gaming sensor compared to the Laser on my Naga
Mouse also speak using a male voice when you change the DPI or profile

Click for bigger photo:


From the ROCCAT's software suite you can custumize the buttons,
dpi, profile and Led colors.
the colors can go from being stable or breathe or off.
can cycle through all colors or choose a favorite.

At first for me the mouse and mousepad was a bit hard to get used to
Mouse and icon moved too fast and slided sloppy
and since the mouse is smaler than naga i was grabbing it harder.
But now after some hours of use i feel quite comfortable using them.
I still believe Razer naga is better specialy for gaming
but Kova[+] is quite aceptable and cool for a 50% price of what naga cost.
I probaly end up gaming with the Naga and surfing the web with Kova[+]



Is not only the mouseshape that differ from other mouses
even the USB cable is oddly and cool shaped.
easyer to find in the dark i guess.

The Shape of the mouse is inspired of Lamborghini Reventon:

Click for bigger photo:


LED LIGHTS FOR PC

Initally I was going to use Red Cathodes in the PC
but have now changed the mind to go Led strips instead
so bought 2M NZXT red led strip



I still have the red cathodes so i can always use them later.
I was surprised how smale the Led strips cable was.
is realy tiny.

So if you not have lot of led fans like me i would sugest go with cathodes
but in my case i be more than fine with led strips
they look like smale stars in the pc realy.

Found this pix on the net is not my case:


I Need More Fans

Already with 5 Case fans + 2 Heatsink fans + 3 VGA fans = 10 fans
One would think that be enough cooling
Eventually no since today I see a photo of someone placing a fan here:


Thing is i have a bunch of spare fans
1x Enermax T.B trio led fan, 1x Thermaltake Cyclo pattern and a TY-140

I spent days thinking about if there was somewhere else i could fit one more fan, so when seeing the photo I went "Eureka"

Since that photo look similar but not same as my case
I opened my HAF-X case to see if i could do the same
and place a fan on the rear of my hardisks

When i was about to test the Case with some fans
a Pieze of plastic blocked my way:



Not sure what is there for so i Just removed it and started the fantest:

First out Thermaltake Cyclo pattern
Since my power supply is a bit big the fan being a bit fat
it would fit but tightly


Then Testing Enermax T.B Vegas trio
I already use Enermax as one of the CPU fans on Silver arrow heatsink
and as a Rear fan.


After the Test I can conclude there is place for another fan on the rear of my hardisks I decided i use the Enermax T.B fan instead of cyclo pattern.

On Youtube you can find videos of both fans





Now I am days away from sending the PC to the LAB to build it.
This should be one of the last if not the last update before my PC is buildt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment