Welcome to jlfusion

Featured Featured Work

Projects

images youtube picasa google twitter email

My New Gaming Rig PC - Part 12

Monday, April 25, 2011




Visiting Dell.com the other day they had a Alienware keyboard
I realy liked it and knew it had to be mine
I decided to return the Logitech G510 and get the Alienware Optx instead
Click more to see photos

There it was right in front of me
The keyboard of my dreams at Dell.com
The peak of excitment would soon fall when I found out my local Dell dealer here in Europe tell me they don't Sell Alienware keyboard here.

I called Dell UK asking if i could buy from outside of UK...nop
Next Stop Ebay where I found someone in Canada selling New Alienware keyboard for $100
I wanted fast shipping so went with UPS parcel 2days delivery
with a glorious pricetag of $145+ import Vat of 30Euro
But who care you don't buy a alienware keyboard everyday do you :)
Shipping took me more than 2 days , almost a week because of Easter holliday.
But once Easter was over the parcel was delivered at Lightspeed
UPS realy worked hard to deliver my parcel pushing it through custums at 3:00am
on the night without being retained.
Are Custums not closed on night?..ok well this is a mystery.

Finaly the parcel was Delivered on door:



Unboxing it I find a manual, a Setup CD and the keyboard


The design truly look different it look realy cool
At first glance the Multimedia controls might look like touch buttons
but they are realy physical flat buttons



The keyboard feel confortable to type on
but the palmrest feels somehow a bit loose but not to much of a problem

Once plugging in on Playstation 3 the Keyboard backlight in Blue
Blue is the default color set by Alienware
but with the provided software you can change the color and more...

The good thing is you can choose about any basic color and combine
keys and multimedia controls which is cool
It even remember the color you set
I picked a Red/green theme using the PC software then plugged it into
Playstation 3 and it glowed red/green fantastic.

The bad thing is the Software only Run Full screen
and there would have been better if you could set the M1-M3 keys to change
colors but you can only have one color scheme at a time.



The Keyboard perfect with my Alienware monitor

Conclusion:
after some hours testings i am quite happy with my purchase
slightly disapointed the multimedia control was not touch buttons
and the palmrest could have been better.
also using a keyboard software full screen is a pain.

Now for the lighting it still dimmer than my Saitek cyborg7
But atleast the Alienware keyboard is brighter than Logitch G510
Still even if is dimmer the good Rubber feel of the keys and that Alienhead logo in the multimedia controls realy make this keyboard shine.

I would hightly recomend this keyboard over Logitech G510
but i still believe Saitek cyborg 7 to be better.
Yea i know i like Weird looking keyboards :)
Btw The Alienware keyboard is made by Logitech

Daylight Shots (click for Bigger):






Nightshots:


1 comments:

  1. Wolfmann VGD said...

    I like the look, but I miss the screen that the G15, G19 and G510 has.
    So I guess I'll swap out my G15 for a G19 when time comes. After I build me a new rig.

Post a Comment