Welcome to jlfusion

Featured Featured Work

Projects

images youtube picasa google twitter email

My New Gaming Rig PC - Part 1

Wednesday, February 16, 2011


I Started plans for a new PC as early as November 2010 just before
my Laptop mobo fried. At first i was leaning toward
the hardcore Laptop gaming marked such as Alienware.
By End of 2010 I decided to build a Extreme gaming Desktop PC instead
I soon had my mind fixed on a Black rig with Red lights on
An idea I got from Alienware PCs
HAF-X with Red led Fans seems like the perfect choice

This will be my first Desktop Pc since I went Laptop in 2004.
so i spent lot of time updating myself on internet for the latest hardware
When the PC is buildt it will look similar to this:


The plans was Delayed several months until I got the nessesary resources.
Now months after the first plan started
the first piezes of hardware has started to arrive.
I will reveal the hardware pieze by pieze as they arrive
instead of revaling the total now.
So this Blog thread will go by parts.



Here we see the still empty HAF-X case in my living room
3 Red Coolermaster Led fans on top and a red light tube
Surprised me the case is so easy to open dont need a screwdiver


When the Led fans are mounted it will look like this video
i found on youtube
Propz to Ego1973 for making such an inspiring video:


Some other Stuff i purchased:

Saitek Cyborg 7 Keyboard
When looking for a keyboard with red backlight
I came across the Saitek cyborg 7 that i loved
However i will get an Logitech G510 later
Saitek cyborg 7 has Red,Green and yellow backlight
with G510 i will also get blue and purple backlight that saitek misses
However on saitek i will mostly use the Red or green backlight

Beware the mighty Klingon Keyboard :D


Coolermaster Storm sentinel
I will buy several mouses and find the best for me
for now I got the Coolermaster Sentinel
the light efects is cool but the mouse feel a bit big




Graphic card EVGA Gtx 580
When i finaly decided to go Gtx580 my first though was Gigabyte but soon I was in Love with EVGA for 2 reasons:
being a niche product and 10 years warranty.
Probaly it does not matter who make the card as long is a good brand
and EVGA is one of the good ones.



Cooler Thermaltake SpinQ VT
I decided get this fan because of design it has red led
beside i wont need a more powerful fan with those huge coolermaster fan
that came with HAF-X case




Multicard reader Bmove
So I can transfer photos from my cameras


Screenshot of some games I purchased:

Dead space 2 collector edition (PC)


Metro 2033 (PC)


Mass effect 1 (PC)


Mass effect 2 (PS3):
This game is absolute stunning I have never played such a good game in years, If you are a fan of Scifi movies and Startrek/Starwars you love it



Thats all for now
Soon i be right back with more stuff

0 comments:

Post a Comment